Major objective of the ISTE
The Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) is a national, professional, non-profit making society registered under the Societies Registration Act of 1860. The mission of society is formulating and implementing the responsibilities and objectives of technical education. The major objectives of ISTE is to develop top quality professional engineers & technicians needed by the industries and other organizations. It is the only national organization of educators in the field of engineering and technology. The Ministry of human resource development and state government are well associated with ISTE programs relating to technical education. ISTE Student Chapter of Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Sriperumpudur, is re-established in the academic year 2000 to make the student community to actively participate in ISTE activities to provide a common platform for students to exhibit their talent which helps their career development.
ISTE Student Chapter Activities:
- Organizing students symposiums and seminars.
- Organizing weekly/monthly quiz programmes for members.
- Organizing lectures by experts from industry, R&D organizations, defense services, government departments and other institutions.
- Coaching programme for writing competitive examinations and attending job interview.
- Training programme on report writing, project management.
- Cultural programmes.
- Entrepreneurship development programmes.
- Lectures on moral values and ethics.
- Discussions, brain-storming sessions, group activities.
- Training in public speaking and Training in becoming a master Student.
- Visits to industry and work sites.
- Programmes in leadership and personality development.
- Training in cooperative learning, environmental Awareness, basic management skills.